Monday 12 December 2011

Forecast for the week

Check out what will happen this week!!


First of all: some chill-out music for the post:



This week I will start off on DigicPictures and their trailer for Assassin's creed. There is a lot to talk about there. Until you may want to check their demo reel for 2010. After that I will give you some thoughts on a new zombie trailer (and not Dead Island, despite of other opinions I have not developed so great admiration of it). If I will have time, I will tell you (if you did not find out already) which new cinematic trailer took the above music as its soundtrack. And of course if we are there, I will give some feedback on it as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm not really a player,so i don't know about the games,but I like to wach 3d clips. Usually I can have an idea what's the story about,but here the story is just messy for me,the pictures really nice though. And the music is beautiful. But somehow,the pictures,the actions,and the music together doesn't conetc for me. I'am interested your opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stranger. This video is a demo reel, which means that the video is intended to highlight the best products of DigicPictures. However it is not a very bad idea to make a story behind a demo reel. I think the reason that they do not do it, is because want to minimize the cost of such a video and such a job would be incredibly hard since they do very separate work. Furthermore they need to request access to different copyrighted materials since they do not have (I suppose) the full coverage of copyright for the material they create.

    So mainly these are the reasons why there is no story. Of course they could have at least a timeline or some elaboration of the company's history in it. So I think you have a good point but they usually don't consider this issue as a very important one in similar videos.

    Thank you for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the answer,and sorry,I didn't no about such thing as a demo reel,so maybe it was silly to ask.
    Keep going, I like your posts!

    ReplyDelete